This page requires Javascript enabled.  Click Here to view on Google Maps
Name: Stanley Street (W)
Date of Origin: 1893
Renamed: Luss Road
Date Renamed: 1926
Area: Teucharhill / Craigton
Length: 300m (east & west)
The western end of Stanley Street was built in 1893 and ran for 160m westwards from Craigton Road and originally contained a row of terraced houses (still standing today). The street was extended further westward to meet Arklet Road in the early 1920s when cottage flats and other houses were built.

The western side of Stanley Street from Craigton Road to Arklet Road was renamed Luss Road in 1926 and the eastern side renamed Arthurlie Street). (see Stanley Street (East))
Grid Ref: NS 54641 65078

Click button to view old OS maps for Stanley Street (W) at National Library of Scotland

Street No(s):