This page requires Javascript enabled.  Click Here to view on Google Maps
Name: Stanley Street (E)
Date of Origin: c1894
Date Renamed: 1926
Area: Teucharhill / Craigton
Length: 300m (east & west)
The end of Stanley Street running eastward from Craigton Road was built on Langlands Park c1894, the park was home to senior football team Linthouse F.C. until they moved to their new ground at Govandale Park in 1894.

The eastern end of Stanley Street was renamed Arthurlie Street in 1926 and was originally only 35m in length until 1935 when it was extended eastward to meet Aboyne Street when the Teucharhill housing scheme was built that year.

The western end of Stanley Street ran from Craigton Road to Lunan Place and was renamed Luss Road in 1926. (see Stanley Street (West))
Grid Ref: NS 54765 65038

Click button to view old OS maps for Stanley Street (E) at National Library of Scotland

Street No(s):